Early Orthodontic Treatments
When is the best time to begin early orthodontics?
Age 7. Dr. Gragg will have the easiest time determining what types of early treatment your child might need once their teeth and jaws have made some progress developing. Of course, you are always welcome to bring your child in to see Dr. Gragg before age 7!
What are some advantages of interceptive treatment?
Some of the most direct results of interceptive treatment are:
- Creating room for crowded, erupting teeth
- Creating facial symmetry through influencing jaw growth
- Reducing the risk of trauma to protruding front teeth
- Preserving space for unerupted teeth
- Reducing the need for tooth removal
- Reducing treatment time with braces